In my program we study the population-level processes that lead to the evolution of plant pathogenicity, virulence, and the emergence of fungicide and antibiotic resistance in microbial populations. We use molecular tools to study these processes within a population biology approach that connects population genetics and epidemiology.
- Maria del Mar Jimenez-Gasco receives the NACTA (North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture) Educator Award [June 2020].
- Congratulations to Laura del Sol Bautista-Jalon for defending her PhD Thesis and graduating! [May 2020].
- Congratulations to Genna Tesdall!! Genna has been awarded a Fulbright scholarship for the upcoming year at Humboldt University in Berlin. [June 26, 2018].
- Congratulations to Genna Tesdall!! Genna has been awarded a Future Leaders Forum scholarship from the Association for International Agriculture and Rural Development (AIARD) [April 30, 2018].
- Laura del Sol Bautista-Jalon awarded SARE competitive grant!! [July 24, 2017].
- Genna Tesdall awarded INTAD competitive grant [February 28, 2017]
- Student Stories: Fun with Fungi [February 16, 2017].
- Freddy Magdama successfully defends PhD Thesis [January 20, 2017].
- Sarah Bardsley Capasso Accepts UPenn Biosafety Officer Position [November 29, 2016].